The Bayport Reclining Sofa
The Bayport brings relaxed comfort and classic design together to create a style that suits any room. A fully padded footrest and divided back cushions add to Bayport’s luxury and appeal. This collection is dual-functioning, with a motorized reclining feature as well as a motorized headrest, enabling you to find your perfect comfort spot. Available in both fabric and leather, with hundreds of upholstery options to choose from. Starting price is based on a fabric power reclining sofa. Sofa is 87″ L x 36.5″ D x 40″ H, more details below.
The Bayport brings relaxed comfort and classic design together to create a style that suits any room. A fully padded footrest and divided back cushions add to Bayport’s luxury and appeal. This collection is dual-functioning, with a motorized reclining feature as well as a motorized headrest, enabling you to find your perfect comfort spot.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- All the backs of our reclining furniture are removable for better mobility.
- 100% new polyester fibre.
- Curled fibre for a better resiliency, so it retains its shape longer (6 ripples per inch).
- Silicone treated to avoid fibres bunching up together.
- Fibre is empty like a straw to allow air to flow through for more abundance.
- No recycled fibre is used because resiliency is not as good.
- Superior construction grade spruce plywood which is dried better and doesn’t warp or crack.
- We combine materials and make choices according to the application to ensure strength and durability of the furniture. The wood pieces systematically interlock during the assembly process which creates a strong, reinforced structure.
- In the areas of the frame that need to withstand more pressure, we use TimberStrand®. It’s an engineered wood currently used to make “H” beams in houses because of its strength. Doesn’t change with variations in humidity and temperature.
- Our frames have a “L” shaped piece that joints the back of the arm to the seat. This piece stops the pivot point on that joint and reinforces the frame.
- Direct drive action.
- Equal weight distribution, because both sides of the mechanism work simultaneously.
- The other advantage of the external handle is the assistance to close the footrest.
- External versus internal handle = only a question of design.
- Introduction of a new internal handle: Easier to use and more resistant.
- Leggett & Platt is the world leader in this 6 billion $ industry. We work in co-development with them.
- Exclusivity on the design of the mechanism.
- The constant evolution of the design of the mechanism to enhance performance, fluidity and function.
- Manufactured in the United States, we invest a little more money to get a thicker grade of metal, therefore a better quality and durability for our mechanism.
- The usage of self-tapping screws reduces the risk of loose connections because they actually bite into the metal.
- Adjustable legs on rocking chairs.
- Swivel bases available on most rocking chairs.
- High quality foam (Density = 2.05 lb/ft3). The competition uses foams that vary from 1.5 to 1.9 lb/ft3.
- The compression of the foam is the equivalent of flexibility and comfort (33-38 lb/in2) average 36 lb/in2.
- Our foam is pre-crushed which allows it to have better comfort upon reception of the furniture.
- We use high quality No Sag springs with a metal rod linking all of them for better weight distribution.
- Felt is installed between the springs and the foam to lengthen their life expectancy.
- Swivel base available on most of our rocker recliners at a minimal cost.
- Easy to install.
- The swivel base allows the chair to rotate 360 degrees or 160 degrees for our motorized recliners.